The Who, What, and How About The Pre-Poo Technique
WHAT IS PRE-POO?
Pre-poo is basically a “pre shampoo” technique many women with natural hair utilize to prevent dryness. It is a treatment done before shampooing your hair and is intended to protect your hair from the harsh stripping of shampooing. Many women use an oil or a mixture of oils and a moisturizing conditioner as well as honey, yogurt, or avocados. It is recommended to do this treatment biweekly or monthly.
- Create your mix or oil you will like to use. Personally, I like using a rinse out conditioner and Shedavi Elixir.
- Section your hair into 4 to 6 sections with hair clips or twisting each section.
- Working with one section at a time, apply your pre-poo mixture to your hair using the method of roots to ends. I like to use the “praying hand” method. As you cover your hair, easily detangle your hair as much as possible without breaking strands. Clip that section hair away and repeat.
- Cover you hair with a plastic cap and allow to sit for 30-40 minutes. Rinse out and continue with your wash day!
- Easier detangling sessions
- Prevents stripped and dried out hair
- Reduce breakage
- Seals in additional moisture
- Creates softer, shinier, and more manageable hair
Simple right?! Pre-pooing is a great technique to pair with taking vitamins for maximum growth and healthy hair.
Allar Tundidor On
Trying to buy other products your site only shows the hair and scalp bundles, cowash which I already have.
Mary Green On
Hi I am very new to using Shedavi ‘s products , I only read reviews and I told myself this is the last try so I pray it works and I thank you for creating a product with a positive outlook , plus thanks for the tip on pre poo I’m really looking forward to continuing the use of Shedavi products! May God continue to bless you all ! Ps I will let you know how my hair is coming alone !