WHAT IS PRE-POO?
Pre-poo is basically a “pre shampoo” technique many women with natural hair utilize to prevent dryness. It is a treatment done before shampooing your hair and is intended to protect your hair from the harsh stripping of shampooing. Many women use an oil or a mixture of oils and a moisturizing conditioner as well as honey, yogurt, or avocados. It is recommended to do this treatment biweekly or monthly.
- Create your mix or oil you will like to use. Personally, I like using a rinse out conditioner and Shedavi Elixir.
- Section your hair into 4 to 6 sections with hair clips or twisting each section.
- Working with one section at a time, apply your pre-poo mixture to your hair using the method of roots to ends. I like to use the “praying hand” method. As you cover your hair, easily detangle your hair as much as possible without breaking strands. Clip that section hair away and repeat.
- Cover you hair with a plastic cap and allow to sit for 30-40 minutes. Rinse out and continue with your wash day!
- Easier detangling sessions
- Prevents stripped and dried out hair
- Reduce breakage
- Seals in additional moisture
- Creates softer, shinier, and more manageable hair
Simple right?! Pre-pooing is a great technique to pair with taking vitamins for maximum growth and healthy hair.