If I said it once, I’ve said it a million times. You need to keep your hair moisturized if you want to ensure that it is healthy, growing, and at its maximum potential. Now, if you’re one of those people who are looking at this thinking, “Yeah, I know I need to be keeping my hair moisturized, but my hair just won’t do right, sis.” Well, I hear you. And I think I might have the solution. If you feel like no matter how much you try to keep moisture in your hair it still goes limp, then you’re in for a treat. There is a little secret that can help your hair to look healthier, grow faster, and hold on to all the goodness that you put into it. Your solution: the maximum hydration method.
What is the maximum hydration method?
The maximum hydration method is a process credited to a woman named Pinkcube back in 2013. The idea is that when you follow this 5-step process, any hair texture will have the ability to hold on to moisture no matter how bad it might have been beforehand. This method is best for women with type 4 hair and lower porosity; however, everyone who needs an extra moisture boost can benefit. When done correctly, not only will it bring moisture to your hair immediately, but it will also keep it in. Sound too good to be true? It’s actually a lot easier than you think as long as you have the right products.
What products do I need for the maximum hydration method?
There are a handful of ingredients that you need to ensure that your maximum hydration method applications is a success which includes the following:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bentonite Clay
- Sulfate-free Conditioner
- Leave-in Conditioner
While the first two ingredients can be picked up at your local grocery store, the sulfate-free conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and hair gel can all be found right here on the Shedavi Crowned collection. Using the Shedavi Crowned Moisturizing Conditioner, Shedavi Crowned Leave-In Conditioner, and Shedavi Crowned Wash+Go Gel with the other ingredients will give you all that you need to achieve maximum hydration in no time.
How do I do the maximum hydration method?
Once you get all your ingredients, the process takes about an hour to complete.
- After washing your hair, you need to open your hair cuticles. Mix one 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 cups of water. Using an applicator bottle, drench your scalp in the mixture then massage for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining mixture to the rest of your hair then let sit for about 2 minutes. It will be stinky, but trust me it’s worth it. Thoroughly rinse the ACV out of your hair.
- Now that your hair is clarified, it’s time to detangle. Add a generous amount of Shedavi Crowned Moisturizing Conditioner to your hair and detangle with a wide-tooth comb or with your fingers. Put on a plastic processing cap and allow your hair to deep conditioner for 20 minutes. Rinse and get ready for step 3!
- After the detangle comes the clay rinse. It’s important to be extremely careful when dealing with the clay because once it gets hard, it’s hard. Simply mix 2 cups of warm water with 1 cup of the clay mixture. Put on your processing cap and sit for an additional 20 minutes. Carefully rinse the mixture out of your hair and be careful not to touch your hair too much before the clay comes out.
- Now that your hair cuticles are good and open, it’s time to apply a generous amount of Shedavi crowned Leave-In Conditioner while the hair is still dripping wet. Make sure you part your hair and get as much of the conditioner onto each shaft as possible.
- The final step is to add your Shedavi Crowned Wash+Go gel to keep everything in place.
You want to repeat this method every single day for a week, then once every other day for 3 more to get the best results.
Have you tried the maximum hydration method? Tell us about it in the comments!
Written by Bianca Scott