Beauty Product Development (eCommerce)
Beauty Product Development (eCommerce: Remote)
Are you ready to join a growing eCommerce beauty company that focuses on transforming, restoring and retaining healthy hair, skin, nails and body? If so keep reading!
Shedavi, LLC is looking for an experienced eCommerce Product Developer to be responsible for creating and developing new products and improving existing products. The ideal candidate will have experience in the eCommerce and beauty industry- keep reading!
The Product Developer will collaborate with the CEO to develop new products with a focus on increased innovation and idea generation that is in line with brand positioning and sales strategy. The ideal person will have demonstrated product development experience in conducting market research, collaborating with marketing, technical and manufacturing vendors and developing products from concept to completion- keep reading!
Essential Job Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to satisfactory standards. Below is a summary of job requirements:
- Conduct the product ideation and conceptualization process for new launches (market research, competitive analysis, innovation research, moodboards, and creative copy, benchmarks, product briefs).
- Prepare product briefs for supplier briefings complete with business objectives, bench marks, target costs, deadlines and retail launch date.
- Cultivate strategic creative relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Responsible for identifying new laboratories that match the company’s long term creative vision and operational requirements.
- Prepare product positioning memos for strategic marketing, sales/education, PR detailing creative concept, product claims, key selling points and ingredient definitions.
- Partner with marketing on claim development substantiation.
- Manage consumer testing and clinical trials process.
- Research, test, document and communicate latest ingredient and product trends, including latest product developments from competitors.
- Coordinate and assist with the development of packaging, artwork and copy for new product and existing product updates.
- Coordinate production of new launch items with inventory planning team.
- Develop packaging label copy and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure a proper launch strategy to support the sell-through of new launches.
- Oversee sample receipt log that tracks new/updated formula submissions, and packaging sample submissions with vendors.
- Oversee the review, distribution, documentation of feedback, approval & storage of lab samples.
- Coordinate products for launch photo and video shoots.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional team members.
- Ensure that cost of goods targets are met for all products being developed.
- Takes ownership and project management of all details including – timetables, costs, formula, component approval, testing, labeling, quality assurance, quality control, regulatory compliance, packaging, etc.
- Manage clinical testing criteria for claims substantiation on performance products.
- Develop and maintain product launch calendar and communicate timelines and product specifications to relevant internal teams, such as marketing and operations.
- Monitoring the status of in-development products and coordinating solutions to development issues.
- Travel to tradeshows and labs as needed
- Additional Projects and Tasks as needed
Education & Educational Requirements
- 4 year bachelor degree from an accredited college or university
- Requires 2+ years of product development experience in the beauty industry related to hair care, skin care, hair tools and supplements.
- Holistic understanding of the beauty industry from product development to e-commerce, sales, marketing to visual merchandising.
- Entrepreneurial & creative spirit with sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills, verbal and writing.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about beauty: You know a lot about healthy hair skin and nails and you seek to learn more.
- Innovative: You seek out how to build new trends and find new opportunities.
- Strong communicator and collaborator: You work and communicate effectively with all member team members and external vendors.
- Strategic, adaptive, results-driven: You can efficiently anticipate, identify and articulate problems in real-time and provide thoughtful solutions.
- Optimistic and keen eye for detail.
- Entrepreneurial: You always question if something can be done better.
- Curious: You have a genuine interest in clean beauty, luxury, design & art.
- Ability to work from home, with high speed internet service, ability to navigate different platforms
- Travel as needed
* This position is a 90 day contract-to-hire opportunity. Up to 30 hours per week initially. This is a remote position.
*If you are still interested! Please submit a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements to HR@shedavi.com … In the subject line type: I Am Ready to Develop Shedavi’s #1 Product!